THANK GOD for the little things in life.
Every day I find thrill in little things like a perfectly hot cup of green tea, blasting Clair du Lune when it plays on my Pandora, and clean hair. I love this about myself because it truly makes life better. Never forget to celebrate little things!
Today I’m giving you something to celebrate!
After about 8 years – no, I’m not joking – I have finally perfected ANOTHER one of my favorite recipes EVER and I’m going to share it with you!
Introducing…Chocolate Chip Protein Perfect Breakfast Cake!!!!!!
The reason this recipe is so important:
- Nearly every client of mine struggles with finding breakfast options that are delicious and give you fuel for the day
- What you eat for breakfast literally programs your body for fat storage OR fat burning for the entire day
- Protein at breakfast is critical to stabilize blood sugar, optimize energy and boost brain performance
- A macronutrient balanced breakfast promotes fat burning and weight loss
- Every one needs a breakfast option that is easy to make ahead of time for grab-and-go mornings
- This delicious cake also serves as a fantastic pre-workout option
- Literally feels like you are having a small cheat meal
Literally, I could go on and on about this recipe. Instead, I’m going to share it with you so that you can add your own reasons as to why it’s THE BEST!
PS! I reserve exclusive content just for the members of my Inner Circle email update list. If you’d like to get more inside tips from me on health, fitness and weight loss that aren’t shared here on the Blog, you can sign up at the top right of this page. It’s free!
Liquid egg whites 736 grams | 3 cups
Old fashioned rolled oats 190 grams | 2 cups
(-OR- Oat flour 1 3/4 cups)
Unsalted butter 56 grams | ½ stick
(-OR- Coconut oil 3 Tb + 1 tsp)
Stevia-sweetened chocolate chips 84 grams | ½ cup
Banana, medium 178 grams | 1 + ½
Coconut flour 3 Tb
Salt 1 tsp
Baking powder ½ tsp
Blender 9×9 inch baking pan
Large mixing bowl Pam for Baking spray
Whisk Tupperware for storage
Measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9×9 inch-baking pan with Pam for Baking spray. Set aside.
- Place rolled oats, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, into a blender and blend for 1 minute until an even flour consistency. Place into a very large mixing bowl and set aside.
- If using butter, melt over a low flame, or in a microwave.
- Place banana, egg whites, and butter, in the blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the liquid mixture from the blender into the dry ingredients. Whisk just until there are no flour clumps. Let this mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan. Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the batter and gently tap into the cake.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Rotate the pan ¼ turn and cook for another 20 minutes or until solid in the center of the cake. Bake slightly longer for drier texture.
- Let cake cool completely. Cut into 4 or 6 pieces.
- Place each piece in a Tupperware container or tin foil for easy grab-and-go.
4 pieces: 437 calories each
6 pieces: 291 calories each
Variation: Drizzle 1 Tb of maple syrup on top of each piece:
4 pieces: 487 calories each
6 pieces: 351 calories each
If you need some extra carbs, the maple syrup makes it taste even better! Literally THE BEST breakfast cake.
As always, I’d love to hear from you. Try out this recipe and let me know what you think! Tell me ALL the ways that it changed your life! Please share your thoughts in the Comments section below!